Sunday, July 8, 2007

driving to denver...

Hey all! I am currently driving, on my way to Denver. What a lucky day! 7/7/07! Could it get any better? Honestly... yes. I didn't realize how emotional I would get about leaving! I was a total mess leaving North Platte! Shocker, right? I felt so sick, sort of like I was leaving everyone behind. As surreal as this is (I still can't believe I'll meet all my future castmates in a few short hours), I feel like I'm leaving forever! As I was saying my goodbyes I couldn't help but thinking if I'd ever see these people i call my friends again, although I'm sure I will.

I must say,however, that I am so incredibly blessed by all the support and friendship I've recieved throughout the years, and especially now, before leaving for an adventure of a lifetime! Who could have asked for better friends to be there for me, to listen to me, and to make me laugh. :) Some of you I've known for most of my life, and others (just as precious) have very recently become extremely important in my life. I'm going to be completely honest. I was considering backing out of this program, thinking the timing was off, and it would be simpler to just do it later! Luckily some great friends of mine reminded me of the spark I got when I was accepted, and the jubilance I had while talking about Up With People. Thank you.

This is a fantastic opportunity, and I have decided I'm going to make the most of it! As cheesy as this sounds, this is a dream come true. There's never been that one lingering dream I've had forever. Some people know from shildhood what they want to do in life. Up With People has always been there, in my mind. I didn't think it was a plausible idea until the cast came to North Platte last year! Since I have this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, I've decided I'm going to try as many new things as I can grasp, and put myself out there so I can meet new people. Although you may not believe it, I get very shy around people I don't know. However, I owe it to myself to break through my silly little shell and LIVE. It will be a great challenge to interact with people from such opposite backgrounds, but I cannot wait! I'm also rather worried about communicating with my host families later on in foreign countries. Some of them may not know a speck of English! Scary!

Now I'm blabbering, so I'll leave you all back to your lives. :) Keep in touch! Love and hugs to you all!
xoxo --callie

No comments: