Tuesday, July 17, 2007

CAST C 2007!!!






Yesterday was the cast announcement for our group of UWP, fall 2007. I was so nervous all day! We had some lectures in the morning about leadership, and had an early lunch so the staff could show us a couple more songs from our show. We then had vocal and movement practice. Our last dance as the Red Group!!! It was really sad.
The staff wouldn't let us into the ballroom for a while after dancing so they could set up all the lists. We all ran in when they let us and searched the many different boards around the room to see if we were going to Base 2 or the Auditorium for our cast meeting. It was really really emotional. i didn't really care which cast i was on... I was just wondering who I was with!! It turns out most of my really close friends here that I've been hanging out with are on the other cast! It was a really emotional time with laughter, hugs, and some tears.
I do realize however that everything happens for a reason, and those people that I've gotten close to will always be my friends. I am confident that 10 years from now I can still see any of them and reunite as true and faithful friends, people that will always support, and be there for me.
We then split up and went to our seperate rooms to find out whether we were cast b or c. I walked into a scene of complete joy! There were people screaming and yelling, hugging and taking pictures everywhere. I was really dissapointed that I wouldn't be traveling the world with the friends I had already, but i know I'll make new friends, and have a fabulous time regardless of my initial feelings of dissapointment.
We were in one room, but eventually heard very loud music and saw flashing lights coming from the next room over. We all rushed in and we saw the staff members lining up so we could run through them, They were waving flashlights around giving high fives and cheering for us as we ran through the midst of them. "Ain't no Mountain" was playing loudly, and when we got through the staff we all danced around like crazy, full of exuberance and joy.
Once we were all fairly settled down they kept the lights off and and Andrew, a staff member read a long poem/inspirational story about our upcoming adventure. it was SO moving! we were all crying and hugging and beaming with excitement! we cheered as each of our castmates were named, and then for each of the staff members who would be traveling with us on the road. it was incredibly moving.
Then we got to see a presentation on where we were going and some info on some of the cities we would be traveling to. one of the cities i'll be going to in thailand is the capital of king cobras in that region. they even train and perform w/ them! we will be going to thailand during the rainy season. also... the one thing i am the MOST excited about is that my cast rides a cruise ship from Finland to Sweden.... and while we're aboard we get to PERFORM!!! you can be jealous. :) i understand. haha
One of our shows in Germany is actually already sold out!!!!! While the itinerary for the US isn't quite set yet, we know for sure that we'll be in New York, and we'll be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!! over 44 million people will be watching via TV. freakin' SWEET!!! so make sure you watch for me.
Yesterday was also my roomate, Maria's, birthday! She turned 23. so the beals made us dinner and smothies, then we went out for dessert at Red Robin.we had HUGE desserts, and Maria got tons of balloons we had to take home in the van. we had to pack them in, it was SO funny! :) so overall yesterday was a good day. :)
I'll let you all know the exact locations I'm going soon... but i'm quite sleepy now. i love you and miss you all. HUGS

xoxo
--callie

No comments: