Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the big 1-8

Today is my 18th birthday! Its so hard to believe, but it's also a big relief because I'm so much younger than everyone else!! p.s. happy birthday to Matt today!!! he turned 21!!

It was a good day. Megan baked me a birthday brownie, complete with my name in frosting and a candle! a bunch of people from UWP got on the light rail the same time i did, and we all sat together. That was a rare treat. when we got to the building where we're staging i was overwhelmed with hugs!! and "nothing pop." it didn't have calories, or sugar, or carbs or anything, and it actually tasted really good!! That was courtesy of Brodie. i heart.

After all the love i had to go upstairs and do the swing dancing workshop with a few castmates while everyone else was in the ballroom doing movement. It was SO hard, and really exhausting, but it felt so great to actually get a grip on how fast it was and do a good job!!! Andrew and i kick some major butt. haha. its so fun to do!!

After the "go daddy oh" workshop we went down to vocals where we learned the culture jam part of our show. i won't ruin the surprise just in case you guys decide to come down and watch!! during lunch i showed hector from mexico the children's book "C is for Cornhusker" because he had asked about Nebraska. I explained all about it, and he was genuinly interested! I'll be getting a mexico lesson from him soon enough.

After lunch was blocking. I've talked about this before, but today it actually seemed like we got something done!! it was really great. we actually went completely through our show 2 or 3 times.

Then i came back to my host family's house and we had mini pizzas for supper. they also got me a pretty necklace for my birthday! They're so sweet. well i'm gonna head. have a lovely day all!!

xoxo
--callie

No comments: