Wednesday, August 8, 2007

to gallop

why hello there!
Okay. so i have a little more free time tonight. I'll finish up my little adventure.
So sunday was our free day. my boyfriend tyler called me around 9 am, and my host family invited him over for breakfast! It was so delicious. After breakfast we went to the sixteenth street mall and window shopped. after a while we walked towards the capital to this beautiful park with lots of flowers and shade, and fantastic architecture. It was a little scary because there were quite a few homeless people around. the scenery was amazing none-the-less. we walked around the denver public library for a while. it is obviously much much much bigger than ours, so that was quite an experience.

on the way home on the lightrail it started to rain really really hard, but i absolutely love the rain. It truly makes me happy when it rains. without rain there are no rainbows after all!
We arrived back at my host family's house and they invited tyler in for dinner again! we had homemade pizza and it was delicious. we laughed and talked for a really long time. I started laundry while we started watching "remington steel." Its an old 80's tv show with pierce brosnan in it. its really funny.

tyler stayed for a while while i packed so he could take home some clothes i didn't need. before he left darlene gave him their contact information for when he gets out of basic. she noted that he truly fit into the family. I got really close to this family, so it was really hard to say goodbye the next morning at loretto heights.

we were supposed to be there between 7:30-7:45 but my entire host family woke up at 7:20!! so i got there around 8, but thankfully the bus wasn't supposed to leave until 8:30. my bus date was abby! i love. we had a 9 hour drive with two pit stops. we voted to watch monty python and the holy grail. we finally got to gallup, new mexico 45 minutes later than we planned.
my luggage was 40 minutes away on the UWP truck, so two of the other five of my roomates waited with me while the others went on to my host family's house. my host parents are retired, but their son runs their old bakery, and another of their sons runs a bakery in town. my host dad is an a west-mex band where he plays the accordian. we had an amazing dinner, and then their son brought us fresh pie!!

after dinner we went out on the porch and jammed with dick's accordian for a while. then we all decided on shower schedules and went to bed. we went to the bakery in the morning for breakfast and could pick out whatever we wanted!!! it was delicious! :D

today was really busy, doing admissions training and stuff. we had some high schoolers do a backstage look at the show, and they did the stomp with us in the show. it was really fun. since i am an admissions assistant i helped with the presentation after the show and have been working since then. I'm super pooped and can't wait to get to our host family's house to sleep!!!
love you all. i leave for tuscon tomorrow!!!

xoxo --callie

No comments: